Sunday, April 27, 2008

Business English Idioms

way, war, time, no, see Idioms

1. My father is so set in his way that he refuses to recognize my brother's ability.
2. If you really want to be a musical singer, I won't stand in your way any longer.
3. It's a long way to the top if you want to rock'n rall.
4. The question of your poll is still way off from what you actually should be asking.
5. We’ve both come a long way since I first met you as a junior office.
6. A punishment reinforce to a criminal can be one way
7. Every day we are bombarded with a great deal of information.
8.This young star has her sights set on someday conquering the States and even giving acting a try in the future.
9. To speak correctly in the business is a real minefield.
10. He upsets everybody with his arrogant attitude. He's his own worst enermy.
11. I can't afford to spend any more time on housework.
12. We can save 1 hours if we take a subway. due to blucking the entrance to International Marathon
13, I value the time I get along with my children.
14. I don't want to waste time watching on TV.
15. I like to spare a couple of hours a week to walk near by my house with my husband.
16. They have no idea when it's coming back on.
17. It is no joke. I really want to travel with you.
18. Swimming is no picnic to peaple likeMary who has a weak chest.
19. No doubt about our winning the game, so get some sleep.
20 Since her face is well known to movie fans all over the world, there would be no point in her traveling incognito.
21. I can't see the point in another day. When nobody listens to a word I say.
22. Is it time to change your point of view?
23. I put the right blinker on because my right light was stuck.
24. Before all of the students got the picture, the teacher had to explain the problem over and over again.
25. this mystery will not be cleared up until we find who stole the key.

2 comments:

Craig said...

Nicely done. Some of the examples are excellent, but some could use a little more information to show meaning.

Using a random example:

9. To speak correctly in the business is a real minefield.

You could perhaps add

9. To speak correctly in the business is a real minefield. One small mistake could lead to a disastrous result.

Craig said...

You made some interesting examples with a few references to music. Are you a Police fan?

"I can't see the point in another day. When nobody listens to a word I say."